Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueLux - BCF2000 Small Tutorial and questions  (Read 113495 times)

January 12, 2015, 10:46:53 PM
Reply #105

erniberni

you have to change it in the sysex file, you can do so by using the bcedit prog from Behringer, don't know why but in the standard sysex file on this forum the flashs are toggled. And you can use the right buttons also if you want, just check the lower buttons at the first screen on bcedit when you choose your sysex. Its very useful i got bank change, fog, blind, Homing position for the movings (edit a position you like and store it on a fader or button and give the bcf button this fader over sysex and mapping ) and some fx chasers (same as HomE position), and a tap and moving stop (which doesn't work as expected but its a cuelux thing i think) , thinking about to add a blackout and break. And I think its possible to make the encoder buttons work as the button bank, will be my next project on cuelux but i think will try it with the xtouch compact as soon as its aviable. If you do the butto thing think about what you need and don't toggle FOG its not cool if you try while soundcheck, the fogger isnt heated and you go away (came back and you couldnt see the stage anymore, musicians were pissed as hell  ::) )
I5 Quadcore, 16GB RAM, Win 10, BCF2000 Launchpad aaaaand Cuelux -------> BIG Show

April 15, 2015, 09:24:30 AM
Reply #106

partyontour

Is it possible to get feedback on the play buttons, like on the faders? I would like to assign encoder group 3 & 4 of the BCF to the play buttons. Controlling them is already working, but it would be nice to receive feedback for controlling the led ring around the encoder.

I have found the midi api pdf referenced at page 4 of this thread. However, in the controlling part  seems to be a typo in it:

Code: [Select]
Playback Direct Global 03
Playback Fader 1 : Playback fader relative to current bank selection
Playback Fader 24

Playback Fader 1 : Playback button relative to current bank selection
Playback Fader 32

Global Fog : Global Playback
Global Strobe
Global Blinder
The third and fourth 'fader' should be 'button'? The controlling part is working :)

To create the feedback to the BCF I looked for inspiration at the xml that creates the feedback for the tempo and attack sliders on the faders.

I've tried it this way:
Code: [Select]
<action>
          <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Button 01 LevelSec</trigger>
          <tasks>
            <task type="Midi" function="Control">
              <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 11 - Index 17</argument>
            </task>
          </tasks>
        </action>

Looking at the documentation there does seem to be a 'LevelSec' argument available for the playback buttons. Is this the case, and if so, would it be possible te implement this like on the faders?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:26:35 AM by partyontour »

May 22, 2015, 08:26:17 AM
Reply #107

erniberni

I think its possible. Copy the feedback for the faders, edit as you did for the executor butons/encoder.

AANNDD then: You have to activate group 3&4 for the bcf preset (think you did it already), then you have to look which MIDI parameters are sent from bcf from theese groups and change the values in your xml file according to this data (if some parameters crash with other functions you'll have to change the sysex aswell).

in simple: the stuff the bcf sends is what is saved in the bcf sysex. This information is send to cuelux which compares it with the xml mapping. So there must be the same data in the midimap as in sysex file.

As I always wanted to have my buttons on the push encoder buttons I'll try to do it myself. Will write if I get it
I5 Quadcore, 16GB RAM, Win 10, BCF2000 Launchpad aaaaand Cuelux -------> BIG Show

September 01, 2015, 09:15:13 AM
Reply #108

Klaus

I posted this
http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1698.msg13900#msg13900

Maybe I found out why Cuelux doesn't follow the BCF2000 to zero...

BCF2000 in global settings, I changed
encoder 7 value to 200
encoder 8 value to 100

update

encoder 7 value to 150
encoder 8 value to 50
seems to work too

Hope this helps

Best

Klaus
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:02:17 PM by Klaus »

September 04, 2015, 06:06:05 PM
Reply #109

Klaus

BTW
Cuelux vers 94 doesn't see the BCF2000 as 'BCF2000'
in Windows XP even not if refreshed.
I have to choose 'USB audio device' in i/o and use BCF2000 mapping

( I mostly use Mac / OS X and there it is recognized as BCF2000 )

???

Thanks for help

Klaus

September 15, 2015, 01:44:23 AM
Reply #110

erniberni

Think this depends also on the USB driver of the BCF 2000

Once I had to install everything once again, about a year ago, thing was I didn`t found the drivers anymore, so I had to look up on net.
There I found one driver that named the BCF as a single BCF device on the manager. It didn't work proper on win 8, so I found another one which made 3 devices BCF2000-1, BCF2000-2 and BCF 2000-3. It has something to do whith the MIDI Channels the device uses I think,but I also never intrested why it is like that. At that time i was just happy that I got the stuff playing again.
Also I managed to kill the drivers sometime ago so the BCF was recognized but I was not able to load my sysex because MIDIOX sent the the data somewhere but not to the BCF.
I got it away by deleting the drivers but not only the ones shown when BCF is connected but the normaly invisible drivers too. Dont know how the menu is called in English but you have to change something in the Hardware Manager Menu and you'll see every driver ever installed on the mashine (e.G. Interface drivers of devices that were connected long ago, or drivers of stuff that isn't in the PC anymore, old graphics and stuff.) By then I had the BCF drivers installed about 3 or 4 times (same ones installed automaticly as copies). Maybe this will work for your problem also. Of course delete and reinstall. Think this has to be done sometimes when using the BCF otherwise windows will become a bit disorientated one day.
If you ever expirience the problem of not getting your sysex into BCF and dont have time to find out why or reinstall, try out BOME's SEND SX. Its same programer as MIDIOX and I dont know why but mostly it works.
I know you can save the sysex on BCF whith some buttons, my problem is I have the edit and store buttons changed to normal buttons in my sysex so I cant store, if someone knows how to save in this special case tell me please as its the most critical point of my shows to get the stupid sysex on the BCF, sometimes it works with MIDI OX at first try sometimes I have to restart my laptop 5 times or do the driver clearence thing.
Thanks for the tip about 0 value will try and tell whether it worked for me, this is one of the things that frustrated me the most about BCF. If nothing helps I will sell my BCF one day as if I compare the price today and what I paid my BCF has grown its value ( I paid about 200 €, try to find it for that price now :D). Still for Behringer its one of their best Products after x32 by today, if therewould not be a bcf on market it would be a sad world for cuelux as there is not a single alternative at this price for motorized faders.

March 17, 2016, 07:08:38 PM
Reply #111

AngelaChit

please bring back larger print.  I am not tech savy and don't want to or know how to tweak my computer.  Can't you just bring back the larger print??
Sally

May 18, 2016, 07:01:44 AM
Reply #112

erniberni

The 0% Fader tweak posted above helps a lot by the way, still it happens sometime but its a lot better now.Thank you alot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk