Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: ArtNet input shall control the intensity of a cue  (Read 4305 times)

June 14, 2017, 10:10:21 PM
Read 4305 times

AxelF

Hi Forum,

I would like to setup a bridge from my KNX house control over CueluxPro to DMX. A cue containing a RGB fade shall be dimmed by the house control.

On the KNX side an Eisbär server connects to the CueCore via Artnet. I can see the value moving on the CueCore webpage Monitor-Art-Net In A.

This value shall control the intensity of a cue. How shall I continue ? In the CueCore webpage or in CueLuxPro ? I have tried both, without success. The docu is very poor.

Assume I use the webpage:

I move to SHOW CONTROL, SOURCES Art-Net, Add >>, Enabled Yes.
On the right side: ACTION TYPE Action, << Add, Edit
TRIGGER TYPE: Channel, TRIGGER VALUE: Learn, Channel 8 is detected after moving the knx dimmer.
TRIGGER FLANK: Change, TASKS Add, but what now ? Console  - Intensity - Control ?

I cannot get anything to work, even if my input signal seems to be detected correctly.

Assume I use the CueluxPro:

Memories - Action, Add Art-Net, Identifier Sub.Uni 2.2, Action Add, Trigger Learn does NOT work.

Is it necessary to enable the ArtNet In before ?

Questions over questions...

Regards
Axel

June 15, 2017, 09:13:53 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @AxelF,

Both ways you describe are possible, but it depends on your preference.

- If your playbacks are in CueluxPro, and you control them from there, then you probably want to handle the trigger in CueluxPro.

- If your playbacks are dumped in the CueCore, then you probably wan to use the Show Control in CueCore.

TRIGGER FLANK: Change, TASKS Add, but what now ? Console  - Intensity - Control ?
This is right you need to set it to control.

, Trigger Learn does NOT work.

You just have to set it to:
- Type: Change
- Trigger: Channel
- Flank: On Change

Assuming you want to control the intensity of a specific playback:
- Type: Playback Fader,
- Feature: Intensity
- Function: Control

Is it necessary to enable the ArtNet In before ?

Yes it is.

Thanks for brining the "Learn" issue to our attention. I hope this can help you figure it out.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 18, 2017, 11:02:37 PM
Reply #2

AxelF

Hi Michael,

thanks for your fast answer. I did not notice it, because I forgot to enable the mail message.

In general I have a large CueluxPro system working in my living room, but in the new bedroom I only need some R-G-B-R-G-B... fades, running forever.
Only the intensity should be controlled my KNX. As it is a simple function I hope I can run it on the existing system.

I am not sure if I shall use the CueluxPro or the CueCore webpage. Can I program R-G-B fades in the CueCore webpage ?

Regards

Axel

June 20, 2017, 12:45:14 PM
Reply #3

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @AxelF

I think it will be simple to setup what you want in the CueCore.

- Assuming you have a CueCore 1, All you need to do is to create 3 different Cues in the Console (One cue for all the RED channels, one cue for all the GREEN channels, and one cue for all the BLUE channels.
- Now on in Show Control you want to create an Action List with the source you are using. For example I was using VisualTouch so I added a Touch Screen Action List.
- Next create 3 Actions, each Action represents an intensity fader that you will be using.
- For each Action you will need 2 Tasks.
- First Task will be:
        Category: Console - Feature: Jump -  Function: Set - Parameter 1: (The cue you want to jump too)
- Second Task will be:
        Category: Console - Feature: Intensity -   Function: Control

I hope this will help you get started.

Greetings ,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 20, 2017, 09:48:50 PM
Reply #4

AxelF

Hi Michael,

> - Assuming you have a CueCore 1,
Yes, I have CueCore1.

> All you need to do is to create 3 different Cues in the Console
The tab "Console" is not accessible, because it is controlled by CueluxPro.

Can I go on anyway ?

Regards
Axel

June 21, 2017, 09:22:11 AM
Reply #5

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @AxelF

If you are mastering the CueCore with CueluxPro, then you should use CueluxPro.

Now I am hoping that you have some expirience with programming on CueluxPro. If you do:

- Record the RED channels in one playback, the GREEN channels in an other playback, and the BLUE channels on a different playback.
- Open each playback and from the properties enable Fader Start.
- Navigate to your Memories tab and select Action
- Again for this example I was using VisualTouch, so choose your source according to what you want to use.
- Create 3 Actions.
- For each Action add a Task with the following properties.
    Type: Playback Fader - Identifier: (the number of the bank and playback ) - Feature: Intensity - Function: Control

This way you can also mix the RGB values, and stop each colour by taking the intensity down to zero.

I have also included a sample Showfile that can hopefully help you to get started.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 23, 2017, 10:58:10 PM
Reply #6

AxelF

Michael,

The cuelux programming is a mission - every time....

Anyway I have tried to follow your steps.

> - Again for this example I was using VisualTouch, so choose your source according to what you want to use.
Ok, but if you use ArtNet - it will NOT work.

With DMXin it works well - even the "learn" function - but not with ArtNet in.

Regards

Axel

June 26, 2017, 09:28:36 AM
Reply #7

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @AxelF,

Sorry for the delay over the weekend. I have just checked if I can make it work with ArtNet and it does work for me, even the Learn function. I have updated the Sample file and included the ArtNet settings. The only thing you should probably change is  the Identifier of the Action-list to the sub-universe you are using.

I would suggest to broadcast ArtNet for starters, and also check the CueCore monitor to see if the CueCore is receiving it. Might give us a better insight on what is going on.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 26, 2017, 09:40:08 AM
Reply #8

AxelF

Michael,

the ArtNet monitor on the cuecore webserver shows my input signal well.

Is there any place where I must enable/configure ArtNet-In in CueluxPro ?

I can give you a Teamviewer access to this computer if you want. It could make ist faster to solve that problem.

Regards

Axel

June 26, 2017, 10:15:05 AM
Reply #9

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @AxelF

I have a few question that might help us, to figure this out better.

You mentioned you are using CueluxPro in the the living room and the expanse will be in the bed room.
 - Are these two different systems (Two CueCore)?
 - Would it be possible to have all the content in the CueCore? or do you need CueluxPro?
 - Finally, when would it be a good day and time for you to check the issue with teamviewer?

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 26, 2017, 11:00:01 AM
Reply #10

AxelF

Michael,

we could do that today. I am just sitting in front of my workstation, which has access to everything.

Regards

Axel

June 27, 2017, 08:37:47 AM
Reply #11

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @AxelF

Lets continue this conversation in PM for more details.

Greetings,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

February 05, 2018, 11:47:06 PM
Reply #12

AxelF

Hi,

now I come back to this case, because I have some time to make some tries. In the meantime the version 1.4.31 was published, which has fixed this problem. Unfortunately this version of CueluxPro crashed every time when I inserted an action. I have written to Maarten regarding that but I have not received an answer.

Now I tried to create a new show setup and inserted an action. This time it didn't crash. Back to my old show I can also insert actions without crashes from CueluxPro.

Now my Question: If I insert an action:

- Type: Playback fader
- Feature: Intensity
- Function: Control

Which type of data does CueluxPro expect ?
0 - 100
000 - 100

Currently I can send 0 and the fader jumps to 0 - or - I can send any other value and the fader jumps to 100%

Regards
Axel

February 06, 2018, 02:31:41 PM
Reply #13

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Axel,

I expect that you are still using Art-Net as an input.

CueluxPro will convert the channel value into a intensity value automatically. Where a channel at 100% will set the intensity to 100%. And a channel value of 0% will set it to 0%. And channel values in-between will result in intensity values in-between.

If you are using something else like a UDP message. Then you should enter a number using a point. For example 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 0.75 or 1.0. This way 0% = 0.0 and 100% = 1.0.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

February 06, 2018, 09:12:08 PM
Reply #14

AxelF

Hi Guido,

Thanks, works well, no matter how many digits are after the point.

Regards
Axel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk