Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: QuadCores frozen  (Read 1593 times)

January 18, 2018, 12:28:05 PM
Read 1593 times

messeng

Good day, in my system I have 3 QuadCore, 1 master and 2 slave.
I already updated the three QaudCores firmware with the last version.
Often some troubles occurs:
1) the three QuadCores lose the datetime, we tried to solve it to execute an action of refresh Timeserver each 2 hours;
2) the three QuadCore remain frozen: for example this morning the master has the light in front always lighted (not blinking), but was not possible to open the web page or see it in the vManager; the two slave have the light in front off  but was not possible to open the web page or see it in the vManager; we restored it after a power cycle.
Can you suggest us a resolution to this problem?

Best regards
Alessandro Pellegrino

January 18, 2018, 05:21:13 PM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Alessandro,

We have just released a new version of the vManager. This has a new firmware for the QuadCore v1.24. There are some changes to the clock in this firmware. Form a users point of view it should work the same as before. Except for the losing the time part which should have been fixed.

About the QuadCores getting stuck including the LED. This is a problem we have heard about a number of times. However we have not been able to find the cause of this problem. In your case this problem has happened to 3 QuadCores probably at the same time.  Which interests me.

Because we have been looking for the cause of this problem for a very long time. And because it happen to all 3 of your QuadCores. I would like to ask you for as much information as posible about your network. Information like how many system are there in the network? How many try to communicate with the QuadCores? And any other information you can share.

I understand that you may not want to share all information with us or anyone reading this forum. Please share as much as you would like. Sending a private message is an option.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

January 19, 2018, 12:25:02 PM
Reply #2

messeng

Good day,
upgraded all three QuadCore.
Now we wait the results.
The three QuadCore are inside a company lan in order to get the date time from their TimeServer.
Potentially no other equipment should interoperate with the three QuadCore,
The system is a master and two slaves.
If the datetime issue is solved we can remove the lan connection and leave the system completely isolated.

Bets Regards
Alessandro

January 19, 2018, 01:49:16 PM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for the information. And good luck with your project.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk