Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Volunteers to error check?  (Read 1855 times)

November 15, 2017, 10:17:38 PM
Read 1855 times

Kn00t

Hey there. I have an IoCore->QuadCore setup that is doing weird things. It might be that I'm blind to the error though, so I wondered if anyone could check my setup and tell me what I'm doing wrong/not seeing..

The IoCore doesn't trigger on the right GPI input scale.
Some channels stick around long after they're supposed to shut down.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, been sitting too long staring into the setup via TeamViewer, starting to lose track..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:29:54 PM by ljos »

November 16, 2017, 09:49:00 AM
Reply #1

Kn00t

Updated:
Here´s the setup: GPI port 5 @ 30% should trigger Action P5_2_22 (22 being the DMX channel). But does not. Can´t figure it out in-between other things.

The User list Action just sets all other channels to 0 on this GPI.

November 16, 2017, 11:26:35 AM
Reply #2

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

I have loaded your backup into an IoCore. And I can see that the GPI pins are controlling 5 channels each. If that is what you wanted to create then it should work.

Startup
However the GPI actions do not trigger in the first second after power up. This is to prevent false readings while the system is starting up. If the input on a GPI pin does not change after the first second then none of the 5 actions will get triggered. And therefore there is no output on the 5 channels.

GPI Calibration
There is a thing which is not saved in the backup of an IoCore. Which is the GPI calibration. While this is unlikely to be the cause of your problem. It is the only difference between my setup and your setup.

I hope that this information was helpful. Please tell me if this solves your problem.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 16, 2017, 11:34:10 AM
Reply #3

Kn00t

Hi Guido, thanks for checking things.
I calibrated the GPIs with an analog 0-10v potter, since our climate sensors could´t really be run to max in any reliable way.

But anyway, as long as the input shows value X, then the corresponding Action should be triggered, I would believe.

The IoCore is always-on. The GPIs go to zero every 10 minutes or so, to trigger a Blackout track in each playback,  but then back up at a range of values through the day.

The strange thing is, it used to work. Then it stopped working.

November 16, 2017, 12:09:36 PM
Reply #4

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

Does the trigger work when you use the analog 0-10v potter? Is this a problem with one GPI pin or are there multiple GPI pins with the same problem?

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 30, 2017, 03:35:46 PM
Reply #5

Kn00t

Hi,
The IoCore was unresponsive and acting strange (random web server response ++), no DMX output to be seen etc.

Until I downgraded firmware to 1.38 and now everything is good and will never be touched again
 - unless i need to reboot, but then I´ll downgrade again. Hoping that will work.

December 01, 2017, 01:47:59 PM
Reply #6

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

I am happy that you have found a solution.

We will try to find the cause of your problem.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk