Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Group on Touchpad // Position FX Shape Speed on Fader  (Read 2340 times)

August 04, 2017, 09:20:52 AM
Read 2340 times

Nimda05

Hi,

two Questions:

1. Is it possible to create a Group (e.g. "Moving Heads") and assign them to the Elation Midicon Touchpad?
2. Is it possible to assign the shape speed of a moving head movement (e.g. circle, eight, ...) to a fader?

Thank you very much

August 04, 2017, 09:39:27 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
1- i don't really see witch part of the elation midicon you are reffering with touch pad... but if you create groups in cuelux and assign this group to any playback ( fader or button) calling this playback from the midi controller will work... But i think the "touch pas" you are talking about is now linked to the programmer pages selection... SO you would need to update your elation midimap file.

2- I am sorry but this is not possible with cuelux, only with cuelux pro...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

August 08, 2017, 12:20:50 PM
Reply #2

Nimda05

1- i don't really see witch part of the elation midicon you are reffering with touch pad... but if you create groups in cuelux and assign this group to any playback ( fader or button) calling this playback from the midi controller will work... But i think the "touch pas" you are talking about is now linked to the programmer pages selection... SO you would need to update your elation midimap file.

Yes, I mean that button that are currently linked to the programmer pages. Is there a tutorial or a manual how to edit the XML-files? Or can you give me a short example how to link a group to the touch pads?

I think this is the right part of the midimapping file:
Code: [Select]
                <action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Down">Channel X - Message 9 - Index 2</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Programmer Page" function ="Set">
                            <argument type="Unsigned">1</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
                </action>

2- I am sorry but this is not possible with cuelux, only with cuelux pro...
:-\

August 08, 2017, 04:21:18 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
ok so let's say you will record your grousp on the bank 1 of playback button so you need to change this group:
<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Down">Channel X - Message 9 - Index 1</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Programmer Page" function ="Set">
                            <argument type="Unsigned">0</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
                </action>
to this:
                <action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel X - Message 9 - Index 1</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Playback Direct Button 1" feature="ButtonSecundair" function ="Control"/>
                    </tasks>
                </action>

To use the complete first bank you need to go from index 1 to index 8 and from "playback direct button 1" to  "playback direct button 8"

Anyway you can find all the midimaps informations in this document:
http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1685.0;attach=1969
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

August 09, 2017, 09:15:47 AM
Reply #4

Nimda05

Thank you very much. This is great!

I found the midi-api-file round about 2 hours ago but it seems that the other files are broken. Your new file is working. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk