Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: TCP or UDP String direct from/to DMX  (Read 3041 times)

June 27, 2017, 10:05:27 AM
Read 3041 times

Flurin Zahner

Hi
Can i send UDP or TCP strings to CueCore2, so that i can change a chanel from DMX out?
And can i receive UDP or TCP strings on PC with the value from a DMX chanel, when this change?
Thanks

June 28, 2017, 09:28:10 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Flurin Zahner,

The CueCore2 has an API which allows you to set the DMX output using UDP and TCP messages. A UDP or TCP message like "core-dmx-80=44" will set channel 80 to 44. Please note that the API is a relatively new feature which may require you to update your CueCore2 to use it.

We do not have a standard build in system to send dmx feedback using UDP or TCP. If you need to get a message back when a channel changes you can create an action for this in show control. This will require an action for every channel that you want to send using UDP message for. In the CueCore2 there is a limit of 48 actions you can use to respond to DMX data.

An example of how you can create these actions:
1. Create an action in the DMX Input action list.
2. Set the trigger value to the channel number.
3. Add a UDP task.
4. Set the feature to Send Unsigned
5. Set the function to Control
6. Set param 1 to a text like "channel X="
7. Set param 2 to the IP and port of your computer. Example 192.168.1.11:32691

Now you should get messages when the selected channel changes.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

June 29, 2017, 04:59:04 PM
Reply #2

Flurin Zahner

Hi Guido

Thanks for your detailed answer, this work very well.
I need this for controll DMX from Crestron.

I'm need the CueCore2 also for store and recall scene. I make this with the Playback function with difrent traks. This work also very well. I have only the problem, when i start a Track and i will make one channel lower with the UDP string "core-dmx-1=xx", then work this not. I can only make the channel higher then the Track level. I have set the Playback Precedence to LTP, but without a better result.

Can i make a setting, that this work?

Thanks and best regards,
Flurin

June 30, 2017, 09:37:15 AM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Flurin Zahner,

LTP (Latest Takes Precedence) will only effect playbacks. This will make the playback which was started the last take precedence. However the API and show control are not considered a playback. They will be merged using HTP (Highest Takes Precedence).

If you want to control a channel using a message it will have to have a higher value then the value from a playback. This means that you may have to remove this channel from the track. Record a show with this channel set to 0.

If you can record the one channel in a different track. And play that track using a second playback. Then you should be able to control the intensity of the playback to lower the one channel.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

June 30, 2017, 01:53:05 PM
Reply #4

Flurin Zahner

Hi Guido
Thanks for your informations. I think i don't can change the merger from HTP to LTP?
Do you think that this in the future come with a new firmware? This to be very helpful for us  ;)
Thanks and best Regards
Flurin

June 30, 2017, 02:35:14 PM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Flurin Zahner,

I will put it in the Wishlist, and thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

September 19, 2017, 12:59:28 PM
Reply #6

Flurin Zahner

HI
With the string core-dmx-80=44 can i set one DMX Channel to a value. Is there a string, that i can set more channels with one string?
Thanks Flurin

September 19, 2017, 05:49:03 PM
Reply #7

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Flurin Zahner,

While you can control multiple DMX channels using the API. The API does not have a way to set multiple channels using a single message. You will have to send multiple messages, in order to control multiple DMX channels, using the API.

However if you are trying to create a light scene you could also use a playback. A playback allows you to pre program a light show and play it back. The playbacks can be started using the API as well.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk