Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: ArtNet input shall control the intensity of a cue  (Read 66 times)

June 14, 2017, 10:10:21 PM
Read 66 times

AxelF

• View Profile
Hi Forum,

I would like to setup a bridge from my KNX house control over CueluxPro to DMX. A cue containing a RGB fade shall be dimmed by the house control.

On the KNX side an Eisbär server connects to the CueCore via Artnet. I can see the value moving on the CueCore webpage Monitor-Art-Net In A.

This value shall control the intensity of a cue. How shall I continue ? In the CueCore webpage or in CueLuxPro ? I have tried both, without success. The docu is very poor.

Assume I use the webpage:

I move to SHOW CONTROL, SOURCES Art-Net, Add >>, Enabled Yes.
On the right side: ACTION TYPE Action, << Add, Edit
TRIGGER TYPE: Channel, TRIGGER VALUE: Learn, Channel 8 is detected after moving the knx dimmer.
TRIGGER FLANK: Change, TASKS Add, but what now ? Console  - Intensity - Control ?

I cannot get anything to work, even if my input signal seems to be detected correctly.

Assume I use the CueluxPro:

Memories - Action, Add Art-Net, Identifier Sub.Uni 2.2, Action Add, Trigger Learn does NOT work.

Is it necessary to enable the ArtNet In before ?

Questions over questions...

Regards
Axel

June 15, 2017, 09:13:53 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello @AxelF,

Both ways you describe are possible, but it depends on your preference.

- If your playbacks are in CueluxPro, and you control them from there, then you probably want to handle the trigger in CueluxPro.

- If your playbacks are dumped in the CueCore, then you probably wan to use the Show Control in CueCore.

TRIGGER FLANK: Change, TASKS Add, but what now ? Console  - Intensity - Control ?
This is right you need to set it to control.

, Trigger Learn does NOT work.

You just have to set it to:
- Type: Change
- Trigger: Channel
- Flank: On Change

Assuming you want to control the intensity of a specific playback:
- Type: Playback Fader,
- Feature: Intensity
- Function: Control

Is it necessary to enable the ArtNet In before ?

Yes it is.

Thanks for brining the "Learn" issue to our attention. I hope this can help you figure it out.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 18, 2017, 11:02:37 PM
Reply #2

AxelF

• View Profile
Hi Michael,

thanks for your fast answer. I did not notice it, because I forgot to enable the mail message.

In general I have a large CueluxPro system working in my living room, but in the new bedroom I only need some R-G-B-R-G-B... fades, running forever.
Only the intensity should be controlled my KNX. As it is a simple function I hope I can run it on the existing system.

I am not sure if I shall use the CueluxPro or the CueCore webpage. Can I program R-G-B fades in the CueCore webpage ?

Regards

Axel

June 20, 2017, 12:45:14 PM
Reply #3

Michael Chiou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello @AxelF

I think it will be simple to setup what you want in the CueCore.

- Assuming you have a CueCore 1, All you need to do is to create 3 different Cues in the Console (One cue for all the RED channels, one cue for all the GREEN channels, and one cue for all the BLUE channels.
- Now on in Show Control you want to create an Action List with the source you are using. For example I was using VisualTouch so I added a Touch Screen Action List.
- Next create 3 Actions, each Action represents an intensity fader that you will be using.
- For each Action you will need 2 Tasks.
- First Task will be:
        Category: Console - Feature: Jump -  Function: Set - Parameter 1: (The cue you want to jump too)
- Second Task will be:
        Category: Console - Feature: Intensity -   Function: Control

I hope this will help you get started.

Greetings ,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 20, 2017, 09:48:50 PM
Reply #4

AxelF

• View Profile
Hi Michael,

> - Assuming you have a CueCore 1,
Yes, I have CueCore1.

> All you need to do is to create 3 different Cues in the Console
The tab "Console" is not accessible, because it is controlled by CueluxPro.

Can I go on anyway ?

Regards
Axel

June 21, 2017, 09:22:11 AM
Reply #5

Michael Chiou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello @AxelF

If you are mastering the CueCore with CueluxPro, then you should use CueluxPro.

Now I am hoping that you have some expirience with programming on CueluxPro. If you do:

- Record the RED channels in one playback, the GREEN channels in an other playback, and the BLUE channels on a different playback.
- Open each playback and from the properties enable Fader Start.
- Navigate to your Memories tab and select Action
- Again for this example I was using VisualTouch, so choose your source according to what you want to use.
- Create 3 Actions.
- For each Action add a Task with the following properties.
    Type: Playback Fader - Identifier: (the number of the bank and playback ) - Feature: Intensity - Function: Control

This way you can also mix the RGB values, and stop each colour by taking the intensity down to zero.

I have also included a sample Showfile that can hopefully help you to get started.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV