Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Eurolite Dimmerpack EDX-4R only one channel  (Read 1708 times)

May 19, 2017, 02:14:38 PM
Read 1708 times

mrtyros

I have made a personality for the Eurolite EDX-4R Dimmerpack. It has 4 channels. However, Cuety only doesn't show the file and I can use only one channel using the EDX-1 personality. Is this because of limitations of Cuety ?
I can understand that Cuety is an entry-level solution, but I think a little bit more control would be desirable.
We have chosen this solutions because of its possibility to control the light setup with a tablet wirelessly, but in practice I think there are too many limitations.
Are there plans for a "pro" version or something like that ?

May 19, 2017, 05:12:48 PM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @mrtyros

You could patch and use individual Generic dimmers for your dimmer pack. For more Pro version, you could check our Cuelux and Cuelux pro!

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

May 23, 2017, 12:36:54 PM
Reply #2

mrtyros

Hello Michael,

I have tried to patch a generic dimmer, but still only one channel shows up, where 4 should be available. I understand that Cuelux offers more possibilities, but we have bought the LPU-2, and the primary reason for this was that we would be able to use an iPad to program the lightshow instead of using a laptop or pc. The app is basically just fine, but what in my opinion is missing, is the possibilty of refining and tweaking fixture profiles to make optimum use of those because of the limitations in programming possibilties. Are there any plans to take the "tablet" solution to a pro - or at least a more pro since I don't consider myself a pro... - level ?

May 23, 2017, 04:44:41 PM
Reply #3

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Marc

As discussed when I just rang you, my colleague will make this PF for you and also the one for the Lazerworld fixture and then we can see if it is an error in the PF or something else going wrong!
In the meantime you can try patching the Generic RGBA to control your Dimmerpack - this should work for you.
Bedankt en sucess, groeten

Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

May 24, 2017, 09:00:08 AM
Reply #4

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
for your dimmer pack problem, it's because cuety do not manage fixtures and modes using subfixtures. AS your dimmer pack get 4 chanels, it should get 4 subfixtures, that's why it doesn't show up in the fixture list.
To use your dimmer pack the best way is simply to patch 4 units of 1ch dimmer pack you will find in the generic manufacturer list.
For the laser, please find an updated file included where you will get the x and y rotation on the red and green cuety faders.
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk