Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Question on APC Mini MIDI feeback  (Read 1978 times)

May 14, 2017, 05:52:24 PM
Read 1978 times

erniberni

Hi there,
right now I am trying to compile a proper midimap to combine my BCF2000 and my new APC Mini. So far it works after I changed the custom Map for the APC found here and my own BCF map. Yesterday I did the first show with it but stil not completly happy.
I want to change the colour design on the buttons. The map I got uses "Control APC40" as Function type on feedback to control the colours. Is it possible somehow to change this behaviour to : red when cue off but programed on button, yellow at startup/release and green if active. (Same as on screen)
I thought maybe you coud use the "set" parameter to set the values, my only question would be: Where to put the value whithin the code so it works?
Is it:
     <action>
                    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Direct Button 64 State</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Midi" function ="set:XX(Value)">
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 09 - Index 7</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
                </action>

Is this right or makes sense? If so it would mean to write a second line for each button for "PB Direct Button Inactive" right? What then is about cues coming up?
Maybe if its not to much work the development team could add a "APC MINI " class for feedback as it seem that many people use it for cuelux?
And another thing I liked to ask would be if the developer ould reupload a complete and fully updated midi api document as it seems that they all got corrupted after the forum update.

Except of this it seems that there is a slight feedback in my map or something else not completly right, I could do the show but before there was a emergency mute of midi because i moved one fader up and down fast for 5 times.
Thats why I want to make a new map and look for the adreses carefully. If sb is intrested to contribute I would share my work.

THX for reading
I5 Quadcore, 16GB RAM, Win 10, BCF2000 Launchpad aaaaand Cuelux -------> BIG Show

May 15, 2017, 10:39:19 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I am sorry but it's not possible to change the colors on the apc mini directly from the midimap. The control of colors is directly implemented in cuelux software. I will transmit your request to the dev team but i cannot say anything about it right now.
For the api document, you can download it from here:
http://forum.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5233.0;attach=1785

For the midi mute, i am often using midi controllers with cuelux and making fast moves for a while never created any problem except once when i was running midiOX monitor at the same time. AS you are merging 2 midi controllers for cuelux i guess you may be using MIDIOx at the same time, so maybe it's coming from that...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:50:48 PM by Bootsy van der Zande »
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 15, 2017, 04:14:05 PM
Reply #2

erniberni

Ok I see......
so in the end .... its just luck ;D that the APC40 gets the signal for key lights over the same command as the Mini .... AKAI just flipped the colours right ? or are there the same colours on the 40 , I dont have one.

Just wondering that there is no way to send a specific value back to the controller. Its also sad that there is no way to change the function of the APC like on the BCF. But thats a thing of the AKAI support.

Yes I am using  MIDI OX and YOKE NT but this worked, I tried it first with LoopBe and this was creating a mute. I think its the same with MIDIOX. Like I said I want to create a map completly new. Last time I just erased the feedback on the Akai faders as I started to merge the map 5 hours before the show and got stressed by time.

I5 Quadcore, 16GB RAM, Win 10, BCF2000 Launchpad aaaaand Cuelux -------> BIG Show

May 15, 2017, 04:18:30 PM
Reply #3

erniberni

By the way thats the document I found on the Mini if somebody has trouble with adresses.

May 30, 2017, 08:24:43 AM
Reply #4

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
thank you for this document, this is very complete and helpful.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk