Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: sunset and weekdays  (Read 1834 times)

April 13, 2017, 03:40:16 PM
Read 1834 times

gpdmrent

Hi to all,
I'm programming quadcore...in an architectural environment....I have differents cue...
the trigger must be sunset
cue 1 for weekdays Mon to Fry
cue 2 for Sat
cue 3 for Sun
cue 4 for Xmas
release @ 02.00 AM everyday ....it's not a problem
but how to use sunset in different weekdays instead of time...?

Thanks....

April 14, 2017, 10:45:40 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello gpdmrent,

To allow you to only start cues at specific times and days you need to disable some effects and enable some other. This can be done using User Lists. As you may have noticed all action lists have a check box next to them. This allows you to enable or disable the action list. This check box can be set using an task. Which you can start on specific days.

To do this there are four things you will need to do.

Start by adding the sources User List 1,2,3 and 4. Lets say the first one is for your weekdays cue. The second one is for your Saturday cue. And you can use the other two for Sunday and Xmas. Inside these user lists you can create actions and tasks to start the playback you want.

Then we will add the source Scheduler. In side the scheduler we need 6 actions. You will need to set the trigger type of the first action to Sunset. And add 4 tasks. Action -> Link -> Set. In Param 1 you will need to set the action you want to start. In this case the first task can start User List 1, Action 1. The second task User List 2, Action 1. The other two User List 3 and 4, Action 1. At this point all cues will start at Sunset.

The second action in the scheduler will get a trigger type DateAndTime. And set the trigger value to XXXX-XX-XX 02:00:00. The X is used to tell the QuadCore that you want it to happen every year, month and day on 2:00 AM. Then add a task Playback Master -> Release -> All. At this point you cues should get stoped at 2:00 AM.

The last part is to enable and disable the User Lists. This is done with the other actions in the scheduler. These will get a trigger type WeekdayAndTime. The trigger value has to be set to the days you want and a time like 3:00:00. One of these actions will have a trigger value set to Weekdays 03:00:00. Inside these actions you will have to add 4 tasks. Action List -> Enable -> Set. Param 1 will be set to User List 1 and param 2 to On. The other tasks will disable the other User lists. This will enable your weekdays user list, and disable all other. The other actions will be programed in a similar way but just enable a other user list.

Please contact us if you need more information.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

April 14, 2017, 03:24:01 PM
Reply #2

gpdmrent

thank you for the explanation...
It' s very clear..
i will report soon the progress
but i was thinking about the action 6
i've called it xmas enable
it will be triggered by day and time instead of weekdays...set trigger at xxxx 25.12 3pm with 4 tasks user list xmas on all other off.
25.12.2017 it's on Monday....weekdays....this will overaid the weedays playback ?
I don't have now the cc near me....just thinking....
thank you

April 14, 2017, 05:10:28 PM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello gpdmrent,

Should your Xmas cue also start at sunset? Or should it play on specific days non stop?

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

April 14, 2017, 05:54:38 PM
Reply #4

gpdmrent

Hello Guido,
I don't know really yet...but i think before...
but...
weekdays enable is set to all weekdays at 0400AM ON
and
xmas enable is set to xxxx 25.12 at 0500AM ON (1h after the weekdays enable) so may it can be the last ON...?
and this can be done also for others days... the 24 and 26 december....setting any time but after the 0400AM?
and for the time i will have to add another action with trigger xxxx 25.12 at XXXX time + task ACTION LINK SET START UL4 ACTION 1 ?

many thanks...

April 18, 2017, 01:24:52 PM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello gpdmrent,

If you would like to do something different on xmas. You can remove the xmas user lists. You only have to disable the other user lists during xmas so they do not start anything. And start the xmas cue on a specific date.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk