Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Wishlist for next release / development cycle  (Read 4267 times)

May 26, 2016, 08:04:48 PM
Read 4267 times

erniberni

Hey,

I would like to start the next wishlist for the next Release...

One idea I had looking around in the dmx controlling world was:
How about a button to switch to a "touch/live"view since Cuelux is made for touch.
The idea is to eliminate everything that isnt needed for runnning cuelux (programmer, faders, unused place ), enlarge the cuelabel windows at the bottom so more information fits and put the buttons (all 64 or a switchable 32) above.
Of course this is the configuration I would like maybe it would make more sense to do something like that. The best would be of course to make a UI the user can configure him/herself (place and scale buttons that are needed, maybe a small dmx overview of selected fixtures, a clock), a bit like the TouchOSC editor.

I love the idea behind the fx generators, but please bring back the x and y value faders for it and give us the opurtunity to manage also the speed (dependent on positive and negative speed values  so the MHs wont start move same direction after using) over a fader (global or a second fader for fxcue) for the fx generator. The thing is that its hard to adjust this live without.
 Select fixtures, adjust fx, select other side of fixtures, adjust samefx  with negative speed, so the fx bcomes symetric. Very annoying in live situations for movement and dimmer. Now I use the speed channel of the MHs, the thing is (i think) that the FX generator isnt linked to the speed channels of the selected fixtures. So if you set the DMX to slow the FX generator still keeps his speed setting, thats why then for example a circle start to become smaller and smaller till the MH stops. It doesnt look very cool and it becomes impossible to keep movements the same if you slow it down as they become smaller and smaller. I think the fx generator for movement should add size values in proportion depending on the position of the programmers size fader.Like : no speed DMX -> size values as given by user, DMX channel set high (slow speed over DMX) -> size values are multiplied by 4 (or whtever would be practicable,think it depends on fixture also, so this value should be stored within fixture file or it should be set by user manaually)
Either you should correct this behaviour within the programmer or give us the users the possibility to correct it ourselves manually.

Its in bold because I write so much and dont want this point to get lost. sorry

Color Fx would be cool if I could adjust like about 2-4 colors which are cycled, so it would become possible to get a controlled rainbow FX. Would be possible then to choose the mood that is generated.

Another thing I would think as veryuseful would be a media player for cues (cue go -> lights and soundtrack is started, maybe fader controlling dimmer and volume of sound :D ). I know several jobs I would love to have it, but its possible to do this over midi so it isnt that important

Thank you for reading :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:47:56 AM by erniberni »
I5 Quadcore, 16GB RAM, Win 10, BCF2000 Launchpad aaaaand Cuelux -------> BIG Show

May 29, 2016, 01:24:11 PM
Reply #1

stage-support

I have also 2 requests:
- ask for a name when creating a new showfile
- Make the programmer come separate from the DMX output; so that you can programm different colors (for example) while the show is still going on -> that the programmer does not affect the dmx output.

Hope to see this...

Kind regards, Job

May 29, 2016, 04:10:04 PM
Reply #2

Klaus

Please fix the 'screenprintthru bug' ASAP
Thanks

Klaus

May 31, 2016, 08:30:17 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Thank you guy for all your ideas,  i will transmit all this to our developper team to let them see what they can do.
See you for the next release ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

June 01, 2016, 04:44:13 PM
Reply #4

erniberni

I think stage support is talking about a BLIND Mode (at least MA calls it like this). :D

And I got something else, is it somehow possible to add a function to label the cue directly by selecting the fader / button it is patched to.
Without going into the cue menu, sometimes it is a bit complicated to scroll trough the table if you got many cues
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:26:34 PM by erniberni »
I5 Quadcore, 16GB RAM, Win 10, BCF2000 Launchpad aaaaand Cuelux -------> BIG Show

June 02, 2016, 08:07:55 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
for the second request of "stage-support", it's called the blind function and it's available on Cuelux pro, but it will stay an exclusive function of cuelux pro! Sorry ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

June 02, 2016, 06:52:46 PM
Reply #6

erniberni

How about a semi pro mode that just stops the whole dmx output not only the programmers one :D

June 03, 2016, 03:26:38 PM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I don't understand the aim of this idea if you turn off all the dmx output you will have a blackout! At least you can unplug the cuecable!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

June 03, 2016, 09:47:12 PM
Reply #8

erniberni

If I plug out my Interface the DMX is hold by the splitter :D .
Had to do it already a couple of times.

I think even some of the fixtures hold it, in my setup, at least.

And another idea, how about to add an option whithin the fader/BUTTON menu to switch from htp to ltp or vice versa. I know there is a global option but Im talking about a option that doesnt affect other cues than the ones whithin the fader / button
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:15:57 PM by erniberni »

June 07, 2016, 08:12:55 AM
Reply #9

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
this is a nice idea, and that's why we added it to the pro version of cuelux! ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

August 30, 2016, 04:27:25 PM
Reply #10

erniberni

Altough I have given up for asking for BLIND mode one last thing:

Its not a PRO function, it was implented to light controls in the 90s I think. Then it was a pro function.
Its like saying burning CDs is a pro function for todays PCs, the other thing is that Cuelux Pro is far to expensive for its state of development today but Cuelux is a very good price value.
The thing is I would rather buy something better for the same money (Im alreadylooking) because PRO is far behind of being a real alternative in this price segment. I mean you get a Chamsys Dongle with 4 universes for the same money...
I would rethink rather  pricing of PRO or boost the development of it.

I would rather pay 20 bucks additionally for blind on normal version than buy PRO (call it Cuelux+ and offer a few upgrades for 10 - 20 bucks each so everybody can choose what they need, like one BLIND mode, another bigger FX section, another proper light2sound, another proper speed fader functions, whatever people could want ), altough I want to upgrade, Cuelux PRO is not a alternative for PROs at least not in the state of development it is in today.

August 31, 2016, 09:23:01 AM
Reply #11

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Thank you for your thoughts an input on this.

We are undergoing and focusing on a lot of technical development for CueluxPro at the moment, it does take more time however than we would like.

Although it doesn't solve the issue of your concerns on stability of CueluxPro: Just for your information, if you need 4 universes of control then this can be done for equal price as the CueCore's CueluxPro license, with the QuadCore.

Thank you, greetings Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

September 03, 2016, 10:01:06 PM
Reply #12

pinnypinsta

Could there be a way to map your own midi devices the way you want for example I've got an alesis keyboard that I don't use and I would like to use for triggering things. Also could I use more than one midi device? Don't know if that's possible already ??

September 05, 2016, 08:28:10 AM
Reply #13

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
You can create your own midi map the only thing is that we do not provide tool for this, but you can make it with text editor, it's not very complicated using the "generic" midimap fil provided and also the api document listing all the key words.
About getting 2 midi controller on cuelux, even if cuelux can manage only one, and that it won't evolve to 2, there are some tricks to be able to use 2 midi controler on cuelux.
look at this:
http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=3465.msg12106#msg12106
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk