Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueLuxPro -> CueCore  (Read 2230 times)

June 26, 2015, 05:37:42 PM
Read 2230 times

StudioBeneden

Hello! A pre-sales question....

I am programming an installation for an artist who wants to 'play back' long (40+ bit) binary patterns with puffs of smoke from a cracker/hazer. We are considering to use a CueCore controller for standalone operation, but we don't have a CueCore yet to try things out, so I've been experimenting in CueluxPro to find out if what we want is possible

I have managed to program the first binary pattern using a chasing cuelist, and I'm now trying to duplicate and alter this pattern in XML to create all the different (250+) patterns, so I don't have to program them all by hand. These patterns will then be put into scheduled playback in a timecode controlled timeline.

The big question however remains: will I be able to push my show from CueLuxPro to a CueCore for standalone operation (or does the CueCore provide all the same functionality, so I can re-program my show there?) The info I found so far isn't clear on that subject (or I missed something, somewhere :)

Thanks in advance for your response!

Job

June 29, 2015, 11:25:12 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Job,

Thanks for your post. I think you have two options.

CueCore only
You can use your browser to program cues in the console page inside the CueCore web-interface. There are up to 256 cues. You can also created chases and loops. CueluxPro would not be needed here. You can make changes just by using the browser.

CueluxPro -> CueCore
You can program a cuelist in CueluxPro and when you are done then 'dump' it inside the CueCore's recorder memory. There is no hard-limit on the number of cues you can program in this way. If later on you would like to make some changes you would need to re-program the cuelist in CueluxPro and then dump it again.

Whichever option you choose you would need to set your scheduling and triggering in the 'show control' page of the CueCore. Also there is a vManager software tool that enables you to make a back-up of the information stored in the CueCore.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 30, 2015, 08:30:23 AM
Reply #2

StudioBeneden

Thanks for your fast and clear response Maarten!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk