Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Sunset and Weekday combination  (Read 5888 times)

December 14, 2014, 01:33:32 PM
Read 5888 times

Schwefel

Hi Visual Productions Team,

We have 7 different programs in the recorder, one for each weekday (illumination of a building surface). We let it run in the morning for a couple of hours and the same in the evening. For optimal power saving we want to use the sunrise/sunset features.

So in the morning we start each day a different show at a fixed time (week-date-and-time event) and stop all running shows at sunrise event.
that works great so far.

Here is the gap:
We plan to do the same in the evening using the events in the opposite way. but unfortunately it's currently not possible to use the sunset event combined with weekdays, so we are not able to start our 7 different shows based on the sunset event (we would stop all shows at a fixed time).

I think this would be a great feature and should not be too extensive to implement.

Please let me know if you ever plan to implement this, that would be awesome.

Best regards

Fabian

December 15, 2014, 09:28:36 AM
Reply #1

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Dear Fabian,

I think there is a workaround that achieves what you want. You can use a variable to select which recording you want to start and then use the sunset/sunrise event to start and stop a recording selected by the variable. So for every day you have an action that changes the value of a variable, for example you set variable 1 to value 1 every Monday at 11.00 am, every Tuesday at 11.00 am you set variable 1 to value 2 ect. Then you have one action that will start a recording selected by that variable (Playstate, Start variable).
Please let me know whether this achieves what you where looking for.
Kind regards,

Jurriën
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

December 26, 2014, 11:55:55 AM
Reply #2

Schwefel

Hi Jurriën,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think that should work, so i will try it out within the next few days.

Best regards

Fabian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk