Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Elation Midicon  (Read 25180 times)

June 01, 2010, 12:00:11 PM
Read 25180 times

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Our friends from Elation are close to start shipping their Midicon control surface (http://www.americandj.eu/product_info.php?products_id=2704&language=en). The unit blends in quite nicely with the Cuelux GUI.

Below is a diagram of the mapping. The XML file is already in the release.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

September 16, 2010, 10:38:07 AM
Reply #1

Michaelmoore83

• Intense Sound & Lighting LLC
Hi there, my Midicon arrived today, and so far I love it. I am an Emulation user on the Mac OS X 10.6, and so far everything is mapped just like you have listed in the diagram, with the exception of the Record Button. I see in the diagram it is supposed to be mapped to the s3 key, but when I press it doesn't do anything in the software. I imagine this will be correctly in the next update, but is there some coding I can move around to make it work now? Or maybe can you post an updated midicon file for me to download and put in the midi controller directory of the program?

I mainly use scanners and led pars. It looks like the programmer wheels 1 and 2 are mainly for X / Y coordinates for the scanners, and RGB control for the LEDs, but is there a way we can use these wheels for more tabs then just say the position tab for scanners and color mix for leds? I also noticed that if you select the light that you want to control, you then have to make sure that on the programmer area, you have to select the correct tab. If the controls for these wheels are and will stay fixed, then is there a way to have the wheels be dedicated to the RGB tab for led lights, so that you take a step (clicking the color mix tab) out of the programming process?

Just putting it out there. :)

Thanks!

Michael Moore
Intense Sound & Lighting
Emulation 1.3.36 on Mac OS X 10.8.2
Controllers: Livid OHM RGB, "new iPad", Korg Nanokontol

September 17, 2010, 05:56:19 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback. version 1.03 will have improved support for the midicon. the encoders' function will be relative to the selected programmer page. This way the wheels will be used in every page.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 03, 2010, 09:57:07 AM
Reply #3

Michaelmoore83

Sounds good. Can't wait!

Thanks,

Michael Moore
Intense Sound & Lighting

October 07, 2010, 09:28:10 AM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
This is the new mapping that is used starting from v1.03.11.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 07, 2010, 12:45:00 PM
Reply #5

Joost

Allready asked before but maybe it slipped by:

Is it possible to sent absolute values to the program parameters through midi, or does it work with inc/dec's only?

Can u explain in a bit more detail how are the encoders assigned (since there are more parameters then wheels), are the fixed or applied to the parameters who are available in a page?

October 07, 2010, 02:45:57 PM
Reply #6

Michaelmoore83

The updated map looks like it will work great. I am really looking forward to being able to make use of those first 8 touch sensitive buttons. I think once this update goes into effect, I won't need to use an external mouse at all. Hands on is always much better.

The only thing I don't understand is how three programming wheels will be able to control all of parameters in a given tab. Will they only be able to control the first three parameters in a tab? or will there be a way to have wheel one be able to control the first parameter and then "jump" over to the fourth? It would be very cool if there will be a way to do that.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Michael Moore
Intense Sound & Lighting

October 07, 2010, 02:47:59 PM
Reply #7

Michaelmoore83

Sorry, I just realized that my second paragraph was pretty much the same question Joost had.

October 08, 2010, 11:48:03 AM
Reply #8

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi guys,

Currently the 3 wheels on the midicon are fixed to the first 3 parameters per page. I intend to make this more flexible in the future.

This is an snippet from the elation midimap:
Code: [Select]
<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 13</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Programmer Wheel 1" function ="Increment"/>
                    </tasks>
</action>

You could replace the "Increment" by "Control" to send absolute value. Only Wheel 1, 2 & 3 are supported now, this will be extended later on.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 12, 2010, 02:18:03 PM
Reply #9

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
We found out that the replacement of "Increment" by "Control" did not work as it should in Beta build 10.
In the new release this will be fixed.
Bart van Wunnik

November 12, 2010, 08:25:16 AM
Reply #10

mrtickle

Hi,
i intend to by a midi controller for cuelux but don't really know which one.

so my qustion is: how do you know on the midicon that a specific cuelist is running.
does the buttons have leds to indicate they are on/off or are the buttons - toggle switches - not push buttons?

Thanks,
Stefan

November 12, 2010, 09:43:25 AM
Reply #11

Michaelmoore83

I own an Elation Midicon and I think it's awesome. I highly recommend it. I used to have a Behringer BCF-2000 and I thought it was good, but it didn't give you nearly as much access to the things the midicon does. The motorized faders were nice though.

On the midicon you have blue LED lights to show you which placback fader(s) are running. You do NOT have any indicators on the midicon as to which playback button(s) are running, but as long as your screen resolution supports the top playback button section, you should be able to easily tell by looking at your computer monitor.

Hope this helps.

Michael Moore
IntenseSL.com

November 12, 2010, 10:48:41 AM
Reply #12

mrtickle

Thanks for the quick reply.
Stefan.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk